Friday, November 30, 2012

Baked Meatballs and Penne

This is something pretty easy to throw together. I made it from what I call “pantry” items. They are things I pick up when we go to BJ’s so I always have them on hand.

Ingredients

  • About 20 meatballs halved then quartered
  • 1 box of whole grain penne
  • 1 24oz jar of marinara sauce
  • 2 boxes of Green Giant antioxidant veggies (broccoli, carrots, and peppers in sauce)
  • ½ cup French’s fried onions
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella 

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to  350°
  2. Heat veggies in microwave for about 3mins.
  3. Saute meatballs and fried onions with a little bit of olive oil in a skillet until meatballs start to brown
  4. Add veggies and marinara to skillet and turn to simmer
  5. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package (I usually cook 2mins. longer so the pasta isn’t too firm.)
  6. Mix together cooked pasta and marinara mixture and pour into a 9×13 baking dish.
  7. Top with cheese and bake about 15mins. depending on how brown you like your cheese.

2 comments:

  1. yum! i made a big pot of spag sauce yesterday, now you gave me an idea for the leftover meatballs & sausage! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Glad I could help! Let me know how it comes out :-)

      Delete