Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Getting Going

It seems there are always setbacks in our attempts to accomplish things. What we have to remember is, no matter how big the setback or how trivial the goal may be, we always have to keep going. No matter how many setbacks there are, we always have to try again. Perseverance and determination are important in our pursuit of success and happiness.

So far I've been a bit slow at starting on my goals. Sunday night however, I made things a bit easier. I was exhausted and fell asleep around 10pm. That may not seem very early but for me it was hours before my usual bedtime. Normally falling asleep that early would be a nap and I'd wake up an hour or so later. I didn't wake up til 5am. For some reason I woke up feeling very cheerful so I stayed up. Monday night I could barely stay up long enough to get my son off to bed. This time I woke up at 7am when the man got home from work. And once again, very cheerful. I was thinking, maybe this won't be so hard. I can go to bed early and without the sound of video game machine guns and explosions. I can take up the whole bed with no one blocking the fan. Well, I still have to make room for the dogs. Best of all, I can wake up early and have all day to get things done. Unfortunately, last night was not that easy. I was on the phone for 2hrs with my dad. Which wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't caught my second wind sometime during the conversation. Afterwards, I made myself go to bed anyway only to be woken up at 5am by a puppy that needed to go potty. Falling back to sleep was almost impossible with a dog pacing on the hardwood floor downstairs. So I get up to take the other one out and didn't fall back to sleep til almost 6:30. Needless to say I wasn't ready to get up at 7am and ended up sleeping late. Oh well, try again tonight, right?

2 comments:

  1. i guess while there's a puppy in the house...you have to do things according to his/her schedule!! catch those cat-naps...or dog-naps when u can! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Sometimes having dogs can be like having more kids :)

      Delete