Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Motivationally Speaking

I started writing a book once, which is actually pretty ironic, that starts off describing motivation and lack there of.

Have you ever lay in your bed at night feeling good about yourself; optimistic? And as you lay there with your eyes closed, drifting off, you make this silent affirmation, "Tomorrow I'll do better."? You promise yourself with good intentions only to find, when you wake the next day, the motivation is gone; disappointment taking its' place.

I read something on a blog recently that reminded me of this. It was about taking small steps to dig yourself out of a rut. By setting goals, even just writing them down, you set things in motion to change. I will admit that I am definitely stuck in a rut. Motivation has never been one of my strengths. And when I finally start something I rarely finish or stick with it. Be that as it may, I am always willing to try at doing better. I'm even willing to try things again. I started blogging once, quit, and started that back up. So, I'm going to compile a list on here for all the world to see. A short one of course so I don't overwhelm myself. I just want to set some goals for myself to get this metaphoric ball rolling. I figure if I blog about working toward, and hopefully reaching, these goals then it will give me more incentive. I'm going to take a couple days to work on this. I need to decide whats most important to me. There can't be any room for me to pick and choose the insignificant.

I'm already feeling motivated to start my list.

2 comments:

  1. i know what you're saying.
    sometimes we need a little motivation...to get motivated!!
    lists. priorities. things that make you happy. good places to start!!

    happy sunday!

    (know what my verification word is...REWRITE!! ha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally finished my list. Funny that I'd been too busy to work much on it, but I did it :) Hope you enjoy!

      Delete