Saturday, August 4, 2012

Ultimate Fudge Brownies

Ok, I have to brag. I made brownies last night that came out amazing! You know how sometimes when you alter a recipe it totally screws it up? Well, this was not one of those times.

I followed the recipe for ultimate brownies on the back of the Tollhouse semi-sweet morsels, for the most part. It called for adding 1cup of the morsels (not melted) to the batter. So I took the remaining morsels and melted them with a bit of butter and added that to the batter as well. It did take some extra time to bake. I think they baked for an hour. The recipe also called for a chocolate butter-cream frosting. I left that out. I didn't want a chocolate overload. Lol. Although I may try it next time.

I don't think I ever follow a recipe exactly. It's too much fun to experiment.

4 comments:

  1. Try adding instant coffee or cinnamon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! Especially the instant coffee! Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. oh yum! i don't care for frosting & would have left that off too.
    i could use a slice right now...with my coffee...

    (by the way...am adding you to my sidebar...with list of blogs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had coffee with mine since I don't drink milk.

      Thank you for adding me! More reason for me to keep writing :)

      Delete